Good Things Come to Those Who Let Go

April 28, 2011

I’ve been feeling vibrant lately. Not sure exactly where that adjective came from but it definitely suits my mood. For the past few weeks things have just been working, fitting together like puzzle pieces. Things, events, people, have been literally falling into place.

Happiness. No drugs needed. πŸ˜‰

The only difference I can think of, that would make the Universes align, is my willingness to let go of trying to make things happen.

It’s interesting how life just steers you in certain paths… or winds you down the river… completely free from oars. (*can you name that familiar song.)

I do believe in fate… Every time, as brief as the time usually is, I stop worrying and stressing over every little detail, things start to happen. Wonderful, exciting, positive things. Influential and helpful people start to appear in my world, coincidences pop up like crazy, and I learn and grow and connect.

I foresee new and exciting things in my future, but instead of trying hard to reach out and grab them, I’m relaxing. Planning, yes, but inviting and urging instead of chasing.

For example, this coming Sunday I will be attending the Pebble Beach Food & Wine on behalf of Foodbuzz!!! *eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* I’msoexcited!

I’m among the few who will be mingling with 25+ celebrity chefs, like Iron Chef’s and other Food Network Stars like Tyler Florence, Masaharu Morimoto, and Michael Symon. There will also be over 300 wines “from 200 of the world’s most prestigious wineries”.

This weekend will be a hugely wonderful experience! Because everyone needs a partner in crime, I was given two tickets. Anne is my official partner in crime will be my beautiful foodie date.

Amazing food, glasses full of wine, and incredible company… I can’t wait!

I can’t even begin to express how vibrant, happy, and grateful I am for all that I have and have been given. I mean, who can really be sad or unhappy with delicious little coconut and chocolate covered balls like these…?!

Not I. πŸ˜‰

And working out certainly helps boost those feel-good endorphins. With all the working out I do, I should be riding high on cloud nine. πŸ˜‰

Would you like some happy-hormones, too? My personal training clients aren’t complaining…

The Ab Intensive

you’ll need a basket ball or medicine ball (any weight- or something along those sizes), a pull-up bar or something to hang from

• Medicine ball mountain climbers (30-45 seconds, as many as possible)
  • Lying down toe touches holding medicine ball (30-45 sec., as many as possible)
  • Hanging knee raises (15-20)
  • Side plank hold (45 seconds each side)
  • Repeat 3 times

Trust me, your abs will thank you (after they stop burning). πŸ˜‰

For exercise examples:

Medicine Ball Mountain Climbers

Not me. Toe Touches with Med Ball

Hanging Knee Raises

I hope you’re having a positively VIBRANT day.

It’s only fitting to share with you two quotes that were delivered to my gmail inbox yesterday, as I was writing some of this post. Tell me it’s not fate.

Where in your life have you been feeling stuck?

What have you beenΒ pleasantlyΒ surprised by lately?
I’ve come a long way with my happiness and I have great days and ok days, some bad days and a few horrible days. That’s life. In the end, it’s your outlook that matters. Stuck or surprised, it’s up to you. πŸ™‚
If you need a little help, you can always:

Look for only GreenΒ Lights

Happy Wednesday!

Go enter the Rocco DiSpirito signed cookbook giveaway and vote for my cupcakes here!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom and Sister!!! (same birthday!)

Christine (The Raw Project) April 30, 2011 at 6:58 AM

That’s great about feeling vibrant and I love the go with it attitude. So exciting on the fest, that’s awesome and I’m jealous! πŸ™‚

alyssa - fashion fitness foodie April 29, 2011 at 3:37 PM

First of all pebble beach…LOVE. Food and Wine at pebble beach – DOUBLE LOVE. Have so much fun πŸ™‚

Erika April 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM

how exciting!! enjoy yourself!!

Erica April 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Amen- I couldn’t agree with you more! When I let go, things seem to happen too πŸ™‚ I’m also a big believer in karma, and when I’m doing good unto others, good things seem to happen to me. Have SO much fun at the Pebble Beach Food & Wine festival. Sounds like a fantastic event

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons April 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM

awww happy birthday to your mom and sis! and take me with your to the festival!!!!!!!! <3 pretty please? <3

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I’m so jealous of your foodbuzz event, you’re going to have a blast!! And I’ll definitely be on the lookout for those green lights πŸ˜‰

Ela April 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Look only for green lights–love it! That sounds like an awesome gig you’re getting to go to–looking forward to hearing about it. What does it mean you get to go ‘on behalf of Foodbuzz?’ –Have a blast!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I feel like you just made MY life a little more vibrant. πŸ™‚ yay!

I surprised myself lately with my ability to just let go and be happy, regardless of happenings around me.

Emily April 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Ooh, those balls look good.

Have a great time this weekend! I used to live in Monterey; Pebble Beach is so beautiful!

You know, I’ve been feeling pretty good myself this week. Perhaps the stars are just ideally aligned right now. Whatever it is, I’ll take it πŸ™‚

Danielle April 28, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I hope you two have SUCH a blast this weekend!! I can’t wait to hear/read all about it πŸ™‚

Erin @ Big Girl Feats April 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Love this! I’ve been stuck for the past few days and today I finally feel like I’m ready to start letting go of some things. It’s so true – sometimes when you let go, things start to happen that totall surprise you! Great post πŸ™‚

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Yay, what fun! I’m jealous! πŸ˜‰

That ab workout looks stellar. I need to strengthen my core. It’s weaker than I’d like.

Katie April 28, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I WILL be using that med ball mt. climber in my next core class! Thanks for the ideas, Lori. πŸ™‚

Lindsay Cotter April 28, 2011 at 7:32 AM

do you need a date?! I will come! hehe.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 28, 2011 at 7:06 AM

I always notice that happening in my life too. When I stop trying to control, things just fall into place. How exciting on the food and wine festival opportunity. That sounds amazing!!!

And that ab workout looks killer.

chrysta April 28, 2011 at 6:31 AM

OMG!! congrats girl. Sounds so exciting and I cant wait to hear all about it. I hope you have the best time ever. Delicious looking balls. ssso good. It has a been a great few weeks for sure! 2011 has been shaping up to be agood one. i felt stuck for awhile but I think Im on a clearer path now too and I couldnt be happier! You just gotta love when it all starts falling into place. So happy for you hon! Have a kick ass day!! =)

Shanna, Like Banana April 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM

ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod, I want to go to that SO bad! I was just there in February and it is so lovely and fun to wander around with a drink in hand. And to see chefs, amazing! Can’t wait to see pictures and eats. How very cool!

Katie April 28, 2011 at 5:34 AM

I am jealous of your wine adventures!!! And this ab circuit is actually the same one I do once a week. My brother’s plan had a bunch of different ab circuits and this is one. I hate hate hate the hanging leg raises though. My body just swings and swings and then I end up giggling to myself. Or getting frustrated, depending on how tired and sore I am.

Kat April 28, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Awsome post girl. You are going to have so much fun! Congrats on the adventure πŸ™‚ I dont have a medicine ball, but this workout looks cray fun!! I do the knee raises on our bar now, but I kind of swing, which makes it difficult to do. I dont know why I swing, I try not to!

Sable@SquatLikeALady April 28, 2011 at 4:15 AM

Aw this is great! Your’e going to have SO much fun.

I’m going to incorporate your ab workout into my workout on Sunday! I always rely on abs to be built by indirect work (squatting, deadlifting, and pull-ups) but I really, reeeeally want ripped abs when I cut down this summer πŸ˜‰

Lauren @ WWoB April 28, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Oh my gosh, you are going to have such a good time!! Im super jealous, but with love!
It seems like you have been doing better lately :), less stressed and more happy. I am so so so so glad. I hope what we talked about is helping – seems like it is!! πŸ˜‰

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle April 28, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Such a wonderful post! The Pebble Beach Food and Wine Event will be soooo fun! So stoked to hear about how it went!!

I’ve decided to kill myself on Friday by doing the Ab Intensive workout + Nothin’ But Sweat Workout πŸ™‚ AHHH! Really excited about it though….I’m not doing my MMA training again till Monday so my super hard workouts have been lacking this week

Natalie @ cinnamon bums April 28, 2011 at 3:46 AM

ahhh amazing! have so much fun at the pebble beach food & wine! so beautiful over there, cant wait to hear all about it!

Michelle {the lively kitchen} April 28, 2011 at 3:19 AM

I am honestly doing your ab workout this morning when I head to the gym. My abs already thank you. We are going on a cruise next month and I need to get my abs as bikini ready as they can get (you know, considering they’ve housed two kids).

The foodbuzz event sounds wonderful. I look forward to reading about it.

Pure2raw twins April 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Have fun girl!!

I agree learning to let go can open to more possibilities. The hard part is letting go and letting life happen πŸ™‚